Thursday, June 6, 2013

Happy Wednesday! 

I completed my paper today. But I have to share a God thing with you…I really needed a piece to help finish out the paper and I was stuck. I was beginning to get frustrated and I remembered to simply pray. I asked for God to anoint me and help me to find the right words to finish the paper. I looked up another source and came across an essay called, Woman’s Song, A Hermeneutic for Liberation.  It was an essay about the songs of Miriam (Moses sister), Hannah (mother of Samuel) and Mary (mother of Jesus). I read the essay and it was perfect! It used the right language and celebrated women using singing to celebrate God’s victory over Pharaoh and bringing the Hebrew nation safely through the Red Sea.  Hannah prays for a son and for her community to have enough to eat and stave off starvation. I did not use the song of Mary because we were given strict instruction to “not pull the Jesus card” since we are working with Old Testament texts.  Anyway, it was such a God thing and the end of the paper practically wrote itself. I am giving thanks. And thank you for your prayers!

Prayer:  O God, You are my God and I will ever praise You.  You are my shield and call me to take refuge in Your Presence. Your way is perfect and Your love is eternal and I am so very grateful. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.”

2 Samuel 22: 31

Shielding us from dangers is part of the job of God. Remember the 23rd Psalm; The Lord is My Shepherd. God tells us “I am your Shepherd.” A shepherd is vigilant. A master shepherd can take care of trouble so skillfully that his sheep remain blissfully unaware of it. God uses wisdom carefully so that His sheep will follow. God calls Himself the Good Shepherd asking each of us to follow Him, let His ways in and to let Him protect us from danger and from fear.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude and get some sleep. (Since God neither slumbers nor sleeps there is no reason for both of us to be awake.) Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.


No comments: