Monday, June 3, 2013

Happy Monday!

A pretty great Monday! I got about a third of my paper completed. Dinner was BBQ Chicken with Rufus Teague’s Maple Whiskey BBQ Sauce (I found it at World Market), fried green beans with potatoes and bacon and a yummy avocado-tomato salad with cojito cheese. All of the veggies from this meal came from my bountiful Basket order. Fresh veggies are so delicious!

Prayer: Lord of the day and of the night, God of our joy who calls us to live a life of joy depending on You for everything. You created us out of Your love for us, by Your own design and in Your image. Let us take time to take delight in You today and remember Your intentions for us to love You and love our neighbor. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

Prayer alert: Continue to pray for little Tatum. Her ANC dropped another 10 points. Mandy assures me this is normal and she is okay. It is just viral and it takes time.

Prayer update: Sheena’s sister, Sheila is sitting up, talking, a little slow, but talking and eating. Sheena says her sister is a cat. Today she told me that her sister is really a cat and on life number 6.  She is still in intensive care, so please continue your prayers. Thank you.

Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart.”

Psalm 37: 4

The apostle Paul told the Christians to be joyful always and to pray continually. There is always joy to be found when we are in the Presence of God. There are times it is really difficult to find joy, but if we remember we are in the Presence of God that is the time when we can always find joy.  We can claim joy in the Word when we remember that “God will never leave us or forsake us”. We can claim joy when we can speak to God at anytime and at all times. (I think that is my favorite one.) When we pray continually we are showing our practiced dependence on God—the One to whom we pray.  We can also show our reliance on God when we study the Holy Scripture and ask God to transform us through the reading of this precious Word.  When we practice these two disciplines of prayer and study then maybe we can find ourselves delighting in the Lord that increases our joy and glorifies God. How cool is that?!

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.


No comments: