Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Happy Tuesday! 

Great news!! Tatum went home. Her ANC went up a whopping 161 points over night. We are so thankful! Thank you, prayer warriors, for your faithfulness to this little girl and family you most likely don’t even know. Your prayers have made such a difference.

Prayer request:  I am working on the final part of my paper. I think I may be stuck, but it is my goal to complete the paper tomorrow and get it sent to Bruce for the final edit.  I have loved writing this paper and I have learned so much. I titled the final section, “If it wasn’t for women Moses would have never gotten out of hot water.”

Prayer:  Eternal and ever Present God, the Psalms say blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence. Sometimes the way seems dark and Your voice seems silent. Help me to remember Your promise to be ever present in all the days and in all my ways remembering to trust in the silences until you tell me to go a different path. I love You so much Lord. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O LORD. They rejoice in your name all day long; they exult in your righteousness.”

Psalm 89: 15-16

I have been writing this paper on the mothers of Moses. While the story of Moses contains terrible acts enacted on both Egyptians and Hebrews alike it is still a book of faith and hope for the liberation of all people who suffer oppression. Tonight my devotion contains this wonderful statement, “When Christlike goodness collides with worldly vileness, be on the lookout for miracles! The glory of God shines more brightly against the backdrop of evil.  
As I recall in the wonderful movie, The Ten Commandments with Charleton Heston, as the Hebrew nation was walking through the parted Red Sea they were singing praises to God recalling the times when God came to their rescue through the legacy of Joseph. They were surrounded by a miraculous event with the Egyptian army bearing down upon them and they are singing hymns. 

No matter how difficult our circumstances become we can still rejoice in the name of God. We can rejoice in Jesus’ name. If we cut away everything that we are and get down to the very essence of all that we are, it comes down to this one word, Jesus. We can use the name of Jesus in a whispered prayer, as praise, as a protection—and it never loses it power and potency. We can rejoice in the righteousness of Jesus and nothing can tarnish this righteousness which has been woven into shining garments of salvation for us to wear forever. This is how we walk in the light of the Presence of God by making full use of God’s Holy Name and wearing the garment of praise.

Take joy in this journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes pray with a heart filled with gratitude and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.



I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: