Wednesday, January 16, 2013


Happy Wednesday!

Prayer: Lord, Today, I surrender my heart, mind and will to You. It is You who works in me and You who will accomplish Your will in my life. I choose to allow You to work in me today, to make my life pleasing to You. Teach me through this scripture today, that it is You who work and You who receive the glory. Anything I try to do on my own will be exactly that—on my own—and all that I allow You to do will bring me rest and true joy. Open my heart and mind today as I hear from You. Amen.

Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make you complete in every good work to do His  will, working in you what is well pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen”

Hebrews 12: 20, 21

This passage reminds me of an onion: lots and lots of layers. I would encourage you to find a phrase that strikes a chord within you and just meditate on it. As for me I have chosen the phrase, “make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in his sight.” 

In a year, by God’s good grace, I will have attained a Master’s of Divinity degree from Brite Divinity School. I will have completed the course of study and met the requirements necessary for this degree. I look at this as a “good work.”  But I do not take the credit for this accomplishment alone.  In my prayer tonight anything I would accomplish “on my own” would be exactly that - “on my own.” On my own would not be worthy and would have fallen short of what God has ordained that I do. But I was and I am not alone and have not accomplished all of this alone.  I have counted on God to continue reminding me that this was not my idea, but His. 

I have been surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses in all  you who have prayed, those who have taught me and those peers who have walked with me and helped all along the way. Bruce has faithfully walked this journey with me without complaint. Geni and Travis encourage me at times when I get a little down. And I believe my Mom, who held education in the highest regard looks down and reminds me that I am to finish what I started and how proud she is of me.  I think one of the most important things I have learned is that God, all of you and all who have walked with me want me to complete this journey just as much as I. Please do not stop praying! I pray that God is working His will in my life according to His divine purpose and plan and that I am listening to the scripture that says, “This is the way. Walk ye, in it when ye turn to the right hand or the left.” (Isaiah 30: 21)

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes, throw that extra blanket on the bed again and get some sleep. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com     

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 


No comments: