Wednesday, January 16, 2013






Happy Tuesday!

Happy Birthday Travis!  Today Travis turned 22 years old.  My favorite story is of the day of his birth. We got to the hospital at 4:45 am and he was born at 5:44 am; 59 minutes, at 9 pounds 14 1/2 ounces.  The couple who delivered shortly after us told us that they wanted to slap us. They had been in labor for about 36 hours and their baby was 6 pounds 4 ounces.  After Travis had been checked out and declared perfect the nurses asked me if this was going to be my last baby.  I said, “yes.” They then told me that if I planned to have more children then I was to come in a week early and wait in the hall because the next one wouldn't wait even an hour!

On Tuesdays I usually make that my long day on campus. My first class is not until 1:00, but on Tuesday we have chapel and community conversation beginning at 11:00.  This morning I woke up to snow and ice down my street and it was dark.  I have lived by a mantra most of my life, “I don’t drink, smoke, chew or date boys that do and I do not drive on ice!”  I did not have to be in class until 1:00.  I stayed home until around 10:00 and made it to Brite in time for chapel.  It was still a long day because I have a class at 5:15 and do not get out until 7:00.

Prayer:  Lord, it’s a new day with new opportunities. Thank You for this day that You have set me free to live through Jesus. Thank you for confidence to walk in this freedom today. May I see it and live it—today! Amen.

“Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.”
Galatians 5: 1

Being free does not mean that we can do whatever we want whenever we want. Freedom for a Christian means that we surrender our lives to our Creator and heavenly Father.  Through our faith in Jesus we are made free from our past, present and future sin.  We can stand firm in the freedom we have in Christ because he made us free. We were not made free by any “good works” we might believe we have done.  This freedom gives us the privilege of being free to love, free to give and free to serve - not because I “have to” but because I am free in Christ and I am free to serve Christ.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, throw an extra blanket on the bed and warm socks tomorrow. Get some sleep, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com     

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

No comments: