Monday, January 14, 2013


Blessed Sunday to you all! 

What a wonderful day!  I began the day by offering prayer during two services at Rush Creek. I love to pray whether it is table grace, personal prayer, prayer with individuals or with a congregation.  I then met the rest of the family at Babe’s Chicken House to celebrate Travis’ 22nd birthday (which is really on Tuesday).  We went to the Babe’s on Center Street that really great atmosphere for family meals. We celebrated with Daddy, our family, Ken and his oldest daughter Stephanie, Sarah and her parents. The food was wonderful. When the wait staff brought out the cake for Travis they made him put on the chicken hat and hold a small cone shape drinking cup in his mouth and do the chicken dance. It was toooooooo funny! Travis is a good sport.  Such a wonderful time with family.  Family is the best!

Prayer:  O, God, I hear there is deliverance in You. I hear there is refuge in You. Grace and mercy are found in You. Kindness and goodness abound in You. Lord, may I be open enough to experience these gifts myself—taste them and see them as I continue to trust in You and be blessed by You. Amen.

“Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him!”
Psalm 34: 8

If you have been reading this journal recently you know that Bruce and I just recently returned from a visit to Fredericksburg and Llano, Texas in the Texan Hill Country.  We had the most wonderful time.  And while we were there and enjoying the sights, sounds and tastes of these places we thought we want to bring our family down and share this experience with them. We will extend that invitation to them in the future and hope they will accept. 

The verse today is an invitation from God to come and taste His goodness.  It is as if the psalmist is saying, “Come and try God out and see what he is all about.”  If we accept this invitation we will personally experience that God is good. Even though goodness is not the entirety of God’s character, it is the invitation to see this part, “Come, taste and see.”

So what happens when we “taste and see?” We discover God is good and we learn to trust Him. We begin to rely on God and take spiritual refuge in Him. We run to Him to receive His blessing.  We discover we are God’s children and receivers of His forgiveness, love and grace. We find ourselves loved completely.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, throw an extra blanket on the bed and dress really warm.  It is supposed to be 24 degrees in the morning. Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com     

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

No comments: