Sunday, January 6, 2013


Blessed Sunday to you all. 

We are sad to share tonight that we had to put our beloved basset Lamar down today.  We are so sad and our hearts are broken. I prayed during the afternoon that we would have the courage to be merciful to our suffering friend. He was 11 years old and we have had him since he was five weeks old.  He was one of those dogs that was born with an old soul. Lamar sat on the couch with me in the mornings as I had my first cup of coffee.  While Casey was battling cancer and was at home, Lamar slept under Casey’s hospital bed and kept his head just far enough out from under the bed so that they could check on each other throughout the day and night.  We will miss him so very much.  We hope that he has found Casey in heaven and they are once again enjoying each other’s company.  Please pray for us as we miss and grieve the loss of this family member and friend.  Thank you.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com     

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 


No comments: