Tuesday, January 8, 2013


Happy Monday! 

Truthfully, parts of today have been a bit blue as we remember the loss of our sweet boy Lamar.  Travis took Bauer out for a while this evening and for the first time in his life, Jackson was alone and I think he was sort of a mess. We are beginning to look for another basset as Travis will be moving out in a few months and taking Bauer with him.  If you know of any young male or puppy basset hounds in need of a home where they would be loved dearly please let us know. Thanks.

Thank you all who have sent your sweet prayers of love and comfort at the loss of Lamar.  Your comforting words of kindness and many prayers have helped so much.  Love you all and thank you again friends.

Prayer:  Oh, the wonder and joy that is mine when I hear Your voice, Oh God! I hear You speak through the written words of Your Holy Scripture.  I hear You speak through Your Holy Spirit within me. I hear Your gentle whisper, Your still small voice. Speak Lord, Your servant is listening. Amen.

“But He said, ‘More than that, blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it.”
Luke 11: 28

I had such a wonderful experience tonight. I attended a seminarian’s dinner that included the seminarians from Rush Creek. It was held at a Turkish restaurant.  YUM!!  I was the only current seminarian and the others were all graduates.  One of the elder members of the group and a former pastor of Rush Creek read a passage from a book titled, The Martin Luther Christmas  Book.  The book contained Christmas sermons by Martin Luther.  The sermon read tonight was remarkable.  It retold the story of Mary conceiving Jesus.

The sermon contained this message:  Having a virgin conceive a child is not a big deal for God. The miracle is that Mary believed that God could do this.  All of those things that happened 2000 years ago, as miraculous as they were, are nothing if we do not believe them.  Those events could happen forever, but if we do not believe in them for our own lives then they have no meaning and are just a great story with phenomenal music.  The miracle happens when we believe. If you cut to the chase and look at a life with Christ, all Christ really asks of us is to believe.  I have said it before, “The babe of Bethlehem could be born again a thousand times in Bethlehem, but unless He is born again just once in our hearts then it was all for naught.” What and who do you believe?

Take joy in this Epiphany journey and allow yourself to be led by a star.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

 Gcapplenotes@aol.com     

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

No comments: