Wednesday, December 19, 2012


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Wednesday!  You know when you are positive you have finished shopping, you discover that you forgot someone.  Back into the fray, briefly tomorrow!  And, Bruce comes home tomorrow.  I have missed him so very much.  He has worked really hard on Dad’s house which he still refers to it at “your Mom’s house.” 

Okay, about this brief storm tonight…Geni and I came home to find our mailbox in the yard.  Our mailbox is a galvanized tub, filled with plaster of paris with a 4 x 4 piece of wood cemented in place and the mailbox on top of the wood.  That was some serious wind.  I am hoping that Travis will put it back in place when he gets home.

Prayer:  God, thank You for another day to learn about how awesome You are and what You want to show me today.  Help me to see what You want me to see and hear what You want me to hear.  Help me to join You I where You are working today, and may it change me!  You are my God and I love You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

“I will also give You as a light to the Gentiles, that You should be My salvation to the ends of the earth.”

Isaiah 49: 68

I love stories of light because I have always somewhat been afraid of the dark.  I wonder what kind of darkness Joseph and Mary faced on their way to Bethlehem.  It was law that they go there to be counted and to pay their taxes.  There was not a decision to be made. It was an act of obedience.  Their primary agenda was to follow the law, but God had another item to add to their agendas; the birth of their child, the birth of the Son of God.  There was no turning back, the promised Messiah, the light of the world was coming into the world through two obedient servants.  Jesus did not come to earth on a beam of light with trumpets blasting. Jesus came into the world in the darkness of a cave as the promise to be the light of the world. 

That light is meant to intersect the lives of all humanity as the promise of what Jesus will do in our lives. This promise is also a mandate of what we are to do with the life of Jesus dwelling in each of us.  It is our agenda to tell the story of Jesus to every person.  We may not carry Jesus as Mary did, but we are meant to carry the gospel and the name of Jesus to as many possible.  So today, Jesus will intersect our lives with people walking in darkness. We have the opportunity to share the light of Christ to those who still walk in darkness.  All we have to do is flip on the switch.

Take joy in this Advent journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis


No comments: