Monday, December 17, 2012


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Monday!  First, Go Allen Eagles!  The Allen Eagles football team will be playing for the Texas State Final Football championship this Saturday at Cowboy Stadium.  We will be in attendance for the game.  Totally excited!  This event will be followed by Bruce, Travis and Dave attending the Cowboy game on Sunday while a group of ladies including Carme, Geni, Sarah, me and some others are having a ladies afternoon out.  It is going to be a fast and furious and great weekend!

Bruce has gone to spend a few days with Dad.  Dad needed some help with some fix-ups around the house.  So as you read the entries this week and find errors just remember my beloved live-in editor is not where there is reliable internet! And I miss him a lot, but I am so very glad that he is there with Daddy who is in need of a visitor.

Prayer:  “Lord, I praise You because You have done so much for me.  You have forgiven me of all my sins and taken up residence in me. You have given me a story to tell of Your love and grace.  May I not hide this story for fear of what people may think of me. May I open my mouth and take a stand for You this day as You give me opportunities. I want to be used for Your glory. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Christ called Paul and all of us to be witnesses.  What does a witness do?  Witnesses do not have to know all of the answers to all of the hard questions about God and why children suffer.  A witness simply tells what they saw, what they heard, and what they have experienced.  There are folks in our lives that argue about the Bible, but no one can argue about what we have experienced!  Someone cannot argue or challenge us about our personal experience with God.  Our witness is the powerful influence about Christ for those who need to hear the story of Christ working in loving grace and forgiveness in our lives. 

There are a lot of folks out there right now who are asking a lot of questions.  I do not have answers as to why this horrible act happened. I just know that to say this is part of God’s plan is not what any of the families, friends and any of us needs to hear or say. I just know that we are called to be witnesses to God’s tender heart and how much He loves all the families, friends and those who have gone to live as citizens of heaven.  And somehow, someday heal enough to forgive the one who has caused them all of their pain. 

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes.  Get some sleep. Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis


No comments: