Monday, October 8, 2012


Happy Monday! 

Prayer alert:  Please pray for our little cousin Tatum.  She will be receiving her cranial radiation each day this week at 10:30 am.  Her family has requested prayers for that time.  She has t-shirts that say “Mighty T” on them and they speak volumes to the courage and faith of this little one.  Please keep her in your prayers. Thank you. 

Prayer:  “Father, thank You for my spiritual family.  Open my eyes to the hurts and the needs of those I love.  Help me to not be a burden, but rather a blessing; to everyone I come in contact with today.  Help me to love even those who seem so determined to be unlovable.  May I live my life today in such a way that I bring Your great heart pleasure.  In the strong name of Jesus I pray, Amen.”

“Behold how good and how pleasant it is for the brethren to dwell together in unity.”
Psalm 133:1

God expects us to live in unity with other believers.  God does not expect us to be cookie cutter Christians who all agree on everything.  My meditation tonight offers this analogy, “You can tie two cats’ tails together and have union, but you sure won’t have unity.” 

Dwelling with a loving family is a good illustration of unity.  Each family member is different in their talents, temperaments and even in their likes and dislikes and yet a family shares a common heritage and hopefully the same values.  As believers, as the body of Christ, as the Church we too share a common heritage.  We share a unity with Christ through His love for us and sacrifice on the cross of salvation for each of us.  We carry His DNA because of the blood of Jesus that covers us as forgiveness of our sins and the promise of eternal life. 

We must be willing to live the way God intends yielding our wills on occasion so that we might give and receive forgiveness.  In our churches we must attempt to get along with others so that we might live, work, worship and share in God’s blessings of love, peace, comfort and forgiveness.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and say your prayers. (Especially for Tatum) Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Travis is back at the Randal Mill/Fielder Starbucks as its assistant manager.  He would love to see any of you who go by there.  Peace, gc

No comments: