Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy Wednesday!

Prayer: “Father God, I come before You this morning to say thank You for a brand new day. I look forward to the opportunities of this day. I ask You to guide me by Your Spirit throughout the day. Help me, O Lord, to be salt and light before those I encounter that I might represent and reflect the life of the Lord Jesus Christ. I praise You and give You glory. In Jesus‘ name. Amen.”

Romans 8: 4 That the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

The law of Moses established order in the daily lives of the nation of Israel. The Emancipation Proclamation abolished the laws of slavery. But the law does not set people free. The law of Moses really did not give life, but only condemned it. The law could not set people free from sin. God sent Jesus to save us from the laws of sin and death doing what the law could not do.

I really love the part of the verse that says, “That the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us…” when Jesus died on the cross for our sins we became righteous. Our righteousness does not depend on any good work we might do. Our righteousness depends on the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Because the Holy Spirit enables us to “walk in the Spirit” we do not walk by flesh, but by faith in Jesus Christ. We no longer live under the law, but under the gifts of grace and truth.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Be receptive to the indwelling of God in Christ Jesus through the Holy Spirit and be attentive to looking for God in all we say, see and do. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: