Monday, April 16, 2012

Blessed Sunday to you all.

Davis Russell’s mother passed away quietly this afternoon. Please continue to pray for David and his family in the loss of their mother. The service will be on Friday in McKinney.

Prayer: “Father, You are an awesome God! I give You praise and glory for the powerful moving of Your Holy Spirit within my heart. You have blessed my life beyond measure. You have endowed me with an abundance of joy and peace. My cup is running over! If only I could convey the depths of my soul with others so they, too, might know Your grace and mercy. I praise You in the morning as I look forward to the beauty of this day. Hallelujah!”

1 Corinthians 2: 10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.

The verse for today tells us the Apostle Paul spoke a godly truth to the church at Corinth. The truth is that God speaks the hidden truths about Himself only to those who have the Holy Spirit dwelling within themselves. I pondered this thought and I have my own thought concerning vs. 10.

A number of years ago Bruce and I went to Shakespeare in the Park. We sat at a table and the play began. If you have never or are not a regular reader of Shakespeare it takes a while to understand the language. The words were in English, but the language was difficult to understand. It took about 30 minutes but finally, after intently listening, the play began to make sense to us and we enjoyed the rest of the play. We did not have an ear for the language of Shakespeare at the beginning of the play.

I would never suppose to understand the language of heaven. It is a language I am not meant to understand yet. But God in His infinite wisdom gives us glimpses into heaven through His Word. But His Word only makes sense to us because the interpreter lives within us and helps us with the language. For us to understand the language of heaven, a totally spiritual language, the Spirit of God must live within us. Those who are not of God do not comprehend God or understand God’s Word; it sounds like babble.

God came to us in the Person of Jesus Christ in order to reveal Himself to those who would believe in God by faith. Let us praise God for the gift of salvation and thank Him for the Holy Spirit that teaches us and pleads our case before God in the language of heaven and allows God to be revealed in our very being.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Please continue your prayers for our friends David and Carme. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: