Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy New Year’s Eve Eve! (or Friday)

Mom update: Mom went to the rehab hospital today. I missed being able to speak with her. When I called her new room she did not answer and when I called the office of the rehab they did not pick up either. Dad tried to do the same and got the same response. He is going out in the morning and find out the why this occurred and then will call me.

I think the stress of all of this has finally caught up to Dad as he thought he had picked up a stomach bug and really did not feel good today. Daddy is never sick. Please keep praying for both of them. Thank you, mighty and faithful prayer warriors.

Prayer: “Lord and Savior, thank You for calling me to Your service. Thank you for giving me a purpose that is beyond this earth and for allowing me to invest my time, money, and talents into something that is eternal. I am willing to be thought of as “different” for You in order that You may do all You desire through my life. Lord, I am available for You to use today as a messenger of the gospel in someone’s life. For Jesus’ sake, Amen”

Romans 15:16 “That I might be a minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering of the Gentiles might be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.”

In the Old Testament the priests of Levi wore different clothing, lived apart from the rest of the community and performed different tasks that anyone else. They were set apart for the function of ministering to God on behalf of the people. Their primary tasks were to offer sacrifices and make offerings acceptable to God.

We are God’s servants. But we are servants of Jesus Christ who offered Himself as a sacrifice for each of us. We no longer need to offer blood sacrifices and make animal offerings to God. Instead we are to offer up to God our hearts, our service, our faith and our lives. Because we are joint heirs with Jesus we are set apart for the ministry of presenting the gospel, the good news, to those who do not know Christ. It is our ministry to bring to God those who have been made holy and acceptable by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. We who are priests and those who come to the altar of grace are sanctified and consecrated to Jesus Christ.

So here is the question of the day…When we see Jesus face to face…how many offerings will we be able to place before Him?

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Continue to pray for our families. Thank you, faithful prayer warriors. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: