Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

Mom update: Mom has been diagnosed with gout in one of her feet. There is a possibility she will go to the rehab hospital on tomorrow. I will let you know. Please pray for Mom and Dad.

Prayer: Most gracious and loving heavenly Father. I begin this day in prayer. I want to consult with You, and I want You to know that I cannot go through any day without You. I have tried many times before and realize You are the only One who can help me do the things I need to do in a manner that will be pleasing to You and a testimony to others. I commit all I do today to Your counsel, and I trust You. In Jesus’ wonderful name I pray, Amen.”

Jonah 3: 10 “Then God saw their works, that they turned from their evil ways; and God relented from the disaster that He has said He would bring upon them, and He did not do it.”

I think there are about a million sermons that could be taught on the story of Jonah. And depending on where you are in your life will determine the way the story will have meaning for you.

Today Bruce asked me to be a part of the Kairos Prison Ministry team for the spring event. I began to think about the inmates who will receive the Word. These men are in a prison. They are set apart from the rest of society due to the choices they made as free men. Jonah experienced a similar imprisonment. He made the choice not to follow God’s will for his life and became imprisoned in the belly of a great fish. God set him apart from the rest of society so that God had Jonah’s undivided attention and could receive God’s instructions for the Ninevites. Now Jonah was only imprisoned for three days. Some of the inmates we will serve have been in the prison for a while (years) and some won’t ever leave the facility. But while their bodies are imprisoned, their hearts and souls can be made free by learning to accept and do God’s will for their lives. We in the free world share a common bond with those who are incarcerated. We are all in need of God’s forgiveness and we can all be receivers of God’s grace. All of us are guilty of sin just like the Ninevites and we are expected to repent and turn away from our sins. God hates sin, but how He loves us sinners and rejoices when we all repent. When we repent and confess our sin, God forgives and reconciles us to Himself because of the sacrifice of Jesus. What a wonderful God and Father we serve to love us so very much.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers with a special prayer for my Mom. Her name is Genita. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: