Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

I began full time graduate work today. My class on Tuesday and Thursday is “Interpreting the Hebrew bible and the Deuterocanonical/Apocryphal Writings” WOW! There is a mouthful! The professor is amazing and the class is huge. I have to have a paper turned in by 9:00 pm tomorrow evening through ecollege. I think I am going to enjoy the class and all that I will learn. When I first got to school this morning, I began to panic when I could not find a parking place. I searched three parking lots and did not find an empty student space. I was really scared that I was going to be late for class. I began to pray for a space to appear and then a man who was headed to his car to leave motioned for me to take his place. I gave thanks, parked and stepped it quickly to class.

Updates: Mom is doing well and hopefully will be dismissed from the hospital on Thursday. Dad went to the VA and they are unsure about the anemia and hopefully will know more in a few days. Bruce has been dismissed from the surgeon and is back in the hands of the cardiologist. He is such a champion! He goes to the cardiologist tomorrow with the hope that all is going well and that perhaps some of the medicines he is taking will be discontinued.

Prayer: “Lord, I thank You today for saving me. I don’t deserve Your favor, Your love, or Your gift of salvation, yet You gave them anyway. Lord, I’m humbled that You’ve made me Your child. Help me live in a way that honors You so that others might see You through me. I thank You for giving me the opportunity to be Your ambassador to a hurting world. Help me share Your love unashamedly with others so they might trust in You as well. Guide my steps today, and for that I will give You praise and glory. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”

Titus 3: 7, 8 “Having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life. This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.”

Why would God leave the splendors, glory and majesty of heaven to come to earth in the form of a man and walk the road to the cross to atone for our sins? This is a question that boggles the mind, but that is exactly what Christ did for each of us because He loves. He shows His love for us no matter what we do that is wrong or how much we mess up. Romans 5:8 says “While we were yet sinners Christ still loved us.” We have the assurance of God’s love forever through His Word. This is the way we become His children. Christ wanted us for His own making us heirs to the very throne of grace from which His love flows to each of us.

He loves us so much that He chose to die on the Cross for us and make us His children. God, through Christ Jesus, wants to remain close to each of us so that we can follow Him, seek Him, trust Him and honor Him in all that we do. Let us keep our hearts fixed on Him and be ever mindful of the amazing grace He has shown us.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. “…how precious did that grace appear the hour I first believed.” Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: