Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Here is a First Grade funny…we are currently studying about ranching. I taught the children that when ranch hands herd cattle there are 4 positions- a point leading the herd, swing riders riding along side helping keep the herd in line and a drag that follows the herd and keeps the strays from getting too far away. I took my class outside and we did a little role play of this concept of driving cattle to grassier pasture. So I wandered away from the herd just to see if the leaders will notice. And sure enough the drag rider yells to me, “Mrs. Chrystie, are you playing?” I told him yes and the next thing I know this little boy very quietly and gently comes up behind me and gently places his hands on my waist , turns me back toward the other children, calmly and simply says, “Just get back with the herd Mrs. Chrystie.” It was perhaps one of the funniest moments of my teaching career.

Prayer: Father, thank You for life today. My heart is open to You, and I want You to change me. I want to learn how to lean on You and trust You with everything You’ve given me. It is in Jesus’ precious name I pray. Amen.”

Proverbs 16: 20, 21 “He who heeds the Word wisely will find good and whoever trusts in the Lord, happy is he. The wise in heart will be called prudent, and sweetness of the lips increases learning.”

Last night I wrote about learning to trust and rely on God by learning about His character and remembering that God is steadfast and always trustworthy. Tonight I would like to continue this train of thought.

In order to trust and rely on God is to lean on Him and rest in Him. When your world seems out of control is the time to rest in God’s strong and loving arms. Here are some reasons why…

1. Lean on God’s character. My meditations tonight suggest to research the name of God and remember that each name is a character description of God. I automatically think of the words of the Messiah; Wonderful, counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

2. Lean on what He has done in the past. We are alive right now because God has taken care of us. God brought goodness into our lives out of His love for us.

3. Lean on what God has said, for God’s promises are in His Word. Then claim them for yourself. Read what God has said and remember it as Truth and unwavering totally trustworthy promises.

“…when there is nothing else to do but just depend on You and the power of Your name.” (the Name of the Lord sung by Sandi Patti) When we rely on our own strength and seek only our ambitions or try to be a savior to others we only become more restless and do not rest. We need to live in the truth of the Word and rest in the One who gave us life, promised love for all eternity.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Lift each other up in prayer remembering that each of us is fighting some sort of battle. Love you all so much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: