Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

The stomach bug finally caught me yesterday morning on the way to school. I lasted for about an hour and asked the office to call in a substitute. Thankfully there was an extra substitute teacher in the building and could help out right away. I am much better tonight although I am keeping the chicken broth, crackers and green tea close by and in my lunch for tomorrow!

Prayer: “God, I am grateful to be in Your presence and to have the privilege of prayer. Help me to live this new day in a way that pleases You. Lord, I completely surrender myself to You. Make me more like Jesus. Show me the areas of my life where I’m holding on too tight and not trusting You. I love You, and I need You today. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen”

Isaiah 50: 10 “Who among you fears the Lord? Who obeys the voice of His Servant? Who walks in darkness and has no light” Let him trust in the name of the Lord and rely upon his God.”

How do we really get to know God? The basics are to pray, read the Word, worship and be in fellowship with others who know God. But we really come to know God when we rely on Him. Think about a good friend or your spouse. We know them because we spend time with them and begin to know their character as someone who is trustworthy. Someone who is trustworthy is someone on whom we can rely. But as we are all humans and as scripture tells us we are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God, sometimes we are not always reliable. But God is steadfast. He has kept all of His promises to all of His people since long before we were born. His character is not dependent upon our feeling, emotions or circumstances. God is steadfast. And we cannot begin to fully rely on God as long as we think we can solve our own issues.

So I guess that brings us to tonight’s question. Are we trusting God’s character or our own character and abilities? My meditation tonight uses the word “saturate” to describe what we need to do with our faith. We need to step out on our faith saturating ourselves with the knowledge of God’s character from His Word and dwell on the One who is trustworthy and then trust Him!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. When you pray, lift each other up. Remember that each of us is fighting some sort of battle. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: