Friday, April 15, 2011

Happy Friday!

Well tonight as Travis said, “Is the trifecta of movie nights.” We had pizza, popcorn and Harry Potter. It was a great evening even though I caught the kids snoring at times during the movie! Bruce arrived in Amarillo safely. Thank you all for your prayers.

Prayer: Most Holy God, I confess that You are greater than all, so I commit myself to You. I depend on Your strong hand to hold me, knowing that nothing can pluck me from it. Amen”

Psalm 139: 7-10 “Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence. If I ascend into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there, Your hand shall lead me, and your right hand and Your right hand shall hold me.”

In my congregational Leadership class I have learned many things. One thing our professor has taught is that “Nothing or no one is out of the reach of God’s love and care.” This psalm personifies this wonderful statement by Dr. Feille. God is everywhere. It is hard for us to think of God as being so vast that there is not a creature hidden from Him. There is no sin we can commit that He has not seen or act of loving service that goes unnoticed. There is no place we can go that He is not there with us. When we get into trouble or life brings us into seemingly impossible situations His strong hand is there to lift us up. Because of these truths we have nothing to fear for we are children of God. All we have to do is take His hand and let Him lead us. Have a great weekend!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. When you lift your prayers for each other tonight let us remember those who have been victims of the recent wildfires and remember that each of us is fighting some type of battle. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: