Thursday, March 24, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Awesome worship tonight. Our Youth director preached tonight and is working with the youth to fashion the Lenten services. Both the youth director and the youth are doing an awesome job of organizing and planning for worship. He preached on Jesus standing in the gap between God and us so that we do not go before God without Jesus pleading our case before hand. That is a theology I can wrap myself around!

John 15:15 “Henceforth, I call you not servants; for the servant knows not what his lord has done: but I have called you friends.”

God, through Jesus, is our most intimate friend. This relationship is as near as our very next breath. It is in the person of Jesus to which all of God’s power has been given. There is no need that cannot be provided and met with Christ as our constant supply.

God meets our needs out of His love for us. He wants us to carry on His great work of passing on the love, grace and forgiveness to those who are in need of a savior. Speaking as one who hopes to serve as a chaplain in a hospital or hospice setting I know the power of God will come in quiet moments and prayerful times. The healing power of God will come in times of humor and times of tears, but the most important message I will ever deliver to anyone is how much God loves each of us and has empowered each of us with His Holy Spirit.

My friends, share with one another about your intimate friendship with Jesus. Tell others of His love and how His love and friendship are available for everyone. Right now the needs of our world are so great. The world is in need of a Savior. Invite someone who does not know Jesus to meet Him.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift each other up in prayer remembering that each of us is fighting some sort of battle. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer alert: A Kairos friend of Bruce’s from Tyler had a double mastectomy this week. Kay came through the surgery with flying colors but is waiting for the report on the biopsy on her lymph nodes. Please lift Kay and her husband, Mike, in your prayers. Thanks, gc.

No comments: