Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happy Monday and Happy full day of spring!

Prayer: “Heavenly Father, I come to You this morning confessing my tendency toward anxiety. Perhaps the hardest assignment You gave me is to wait on You. I am an impatient person serving a patient God. Keep me from the pitfalls of hurry and the sin of worry. You are always good and are always right on time. My prayer for today and this week is that I will be conformed to Your timetable and that I will pursue becoming more like You. Amen.”

1 Peter 1:8 “Whom having not seen, yet love; in whom, though now you see Him not, yet believing, you rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory.”

Jesus told His disciples to remember these words, “This kind goes out but by prayer and fasting.” Jesus asks His disciples “Can you tread the way I trod? Can you drink of My cup?” then He says, “All is well.” Say, “All is well.”

Wow! Sometimes it is so hard to say, “All is well” when there does not seem that anything is well. Jesus knows that we cannot do what he did in His sacrifice for our sin. But sometimes nothing seems in control within us or around us. I think Jesus is reminding us that when the world seems to be crumbling around us and there does not seem to be one thing we can do to plug all of the holes in the leaking dyke, we need to stop and remember who we are and more importantly whose we are.

Stop and take a breath. Breathe in the power of the Holy Spirit and let His peace to flow over us and fill us until we and the spirit of Jesus are one. At that moment before we speak we need to allow Jesus to say to us, “All is well.” All is well because in that moment of intimate communion nothing can harm and Jesus will speak to us the words we need to hear. Jesus will speak to us as a parent would comfort a frightened, crying child and say “everything is going to be alright. I am here.”

The most important words we need to hear are how much the Father loves us and will remain with us through the crumbling world. We must believe and trust in the love of God through Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit receiving joy unspeakable and standing in His glory.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift each other up in prayer each day remembering that everyone is fighting some sort of battle. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: