Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Monday!

I love coffee with Lamar and Matlock! I had a busy and very enjoyable first day of spring break!

Prayer: “Father, I worship You for speaking through Your Word. Thank you for leading me to Jesus. Create opportunities for me to share how You’ve changed my life and give me the compassion and boldness I will need to serve as a channel of Your grace. Protect me from apathy and make my heart sensitive to the prompting of Your Spirit as I encounter those who need You. Increase my confidence in Your Word. Compel me to be Your witness in the world. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen”

Romans 10: 17 “Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”

In a simple phrase our job on earth as believers is to tell others about Jesus. We are to live our lives by example, but to count on our example of a godly life as all we are to do to share Christ with others does not complete the job. People must hear the message of Jesus. People must hear about salvation, forgiveness, love and grace and they must hear it from us. God’s Word changes lives. Think about when you first came into relationship with Christ. Was it through the example of someone else or was it through the hearing of the Word? This is a holy and sacred calling of which Christ has called us and it leads to an eternity with God. We are not just called to believe God’s Word and live God’s Word, but to share God’s Word. Jesus instructed us to be His witnesses and, according to Acts 1: 8, to the ends of the earth. Read God’s Word today and then share your findings with someone else.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift each other up in prayer remembering that we are all fighting some sort of battle. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: