Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy Friday!

Well, I have reached the last day of spring break. I must tell you that it has been a really wonderful week. I have had lunch and coffee with friends. I have worked in the yard. I have had coffee and watched Matlock with Lamar. It was a great week.

Travis competes in a power lifting event tomorrow. He is planning to attempt lifting 700 pounds in a dead lift. Please pray for him to do his best and remain injury free.

Also, Geni takes her final exit test in the morning. Please pray for her. She is a bit nervous as this is her Special Education Test. Please pray for her.

Prayer: “Father I realize I cannot live the Christian life by myself and I praise You for giving me resurrected life. Grant me strength to forsake my agenda and to yield to You today. Make the crucified life a reality in my actions and attitudes. Protect me from my old way of life so that Your name will be honored through me. I dedicate the day to you. Amen.”

Galatians 2: 20 “I have been crucified with Christ, it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me and the life which I now live is the flesh. I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.”

In the Lutheran church we celebrate Christ’s death each week in our Eucharist. Christ wants us to celebrate His death in us everyday. The passage of scripture tells us that “I have been crucified with Christ.” That means that each day we must die to our old selves (the people we were before we came into relationship with Christ) and live with Christ each day. We cannot live a resurrected life if we don’t die first. Each time we confess our sin before Jesus the more room for Christ there is in our lives.

Tonight my meditation says “God does not rehabilitate His children. He resurrects His children.” We become resurrected when we lay down our bad habits, past grudges, dreams and plans that do no honor God at the feet of the Father, asking for forgiveness and then asking the Father to takes these bad choices and plans and replace them with His guidance, strength and grace. We don’t have to wait for Easter Sunday to experience resurrection. We are told in God’s Word to experience resurrection anew each morning.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift one another up in prayer remembering that each of us is fighting some sort of battle. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.
Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: