Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Happy Monday!

Great news from San Antonio. The cancer in Dave’s kidney was totally encapsulated. No further treatment will be necessary. Dave will have to have scans every four months for the next two years. Bruce phoned earlier this evening and David was up for about 2 hours today. Other than getting tired all seems to be on schedule for David’s recovery. Given that he has not even been out of surgery a week I think he is doing remarkably well! Take your time doing whatever you need to do, Dave!

Romans 12:12 “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer.”

God wants to be involved in all parts of our lives. God does not want to be part of the situations we seem to have no control over, but in the parts we seem to have control over. How many times have I gone head first into a project without praying first? Even if it is a situation of which I feel confident in the outcome, God wants to be involved because He wants to be involved in all parts of our lives. God wants us to remember that, apart from Him, we can do nothing. Can we humble ourselves enough to repent over our own arrogance?

The Apostle Paul calls us to be faithful in prayer. “Faithful means committed, disciplined, constant, and loyal.” I would never dream of leaving my house undressed so why do I not remember to leave the house not wearing my spiritual armor.

What is my spiritual armor? My spiritual armor is beginning each day dressed in the robe of righteousness and emitting the fragrance of God. To be properly spiritually dressed each day I must begin each day with prayer and invite God to be a part of each moment of my day, allow me to see others through His eyes and then to act on His behalf when a situation presents itself.

May I remember to put the armor of God on with the same love and familiarity as I put on my boots each day. Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes or in my case, comfortable boots. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift one another up in prayer each day remember that everyone fights some sort of battle. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God

No comments: