Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Friday!

If you are a reader of this blog for any amount of time you know that when Bruce is away I do not sleep well. So His absence from Sunday to Wednesday finally caught up with me on last night and I fell asleep watching a movie with him on the couch. It was one of those nights that I woke up only to go to sleep again. Sorry I did not write last night.

Prayer: 1 Thessalonians 5: 12—13 “And we urge you, brethren, to recognize those who labor among you, and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, and to esteem them very highly in love for their work’s sake. Be at peace among yourselves.”

On one of the days we were out due to icy weather Geni and I had a chance to talk about her future as a teacher. I told her the best thing she could do in her first year or two of teaching was to be quiet and listen to those experienced teachers around her and they should be an invaluable resource to her. My prayer for her, besides that there will be a job for her, is that wherever she teaches she will have teachers with mentoring hearts and skills to help lead and guide a new teacher in the way she should go. Please pray there will be a job for her in the fall.

We, as spiritually mature Christians, should make ourselves available to those who are new in the faith and help guide them in their new journey of faith. Each of us can teach a new believer how to live a life in piety. Some of us are gifted in the ways of service and missions. Some are gifted in the practice of worship. Others are knowledgeable in the Word of God while others are prayer warriors. A new believer needs to know and grow in all of these areas to live a life in piety and walk a journey of faith.

I am not gifted in all of these areas, but I am gifted in some. I count on other members of the family of God, the body of Christ, to help fill in the gaps not only in the life of a new believer, but in myself. We are all teachers when it comes to helping the new believer of those of mature faith.

For each of us, we need to remain always teachable. If we remain teachable then we are always learners. And if we remain teachable then we will always find ourselves in the presence of God.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift one another up in prayer each day remembering that everyone is always fighting some sort of battle. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God

PS In your daily prayers remember to pray for the continued healing of David Russell. Also, please pray for the Texas Education System. It is a mess! Peace, gc

No comments: