Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy Monday!

1 Timothy 6: 6-8 “Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.”

How often do we feel contentment? Contentment for me would mean enough of what we need to meet the needs of the day. Each day during the Christmas season my prayer was for “enough.” God blessed us with enough. We had enough food, we had enough gas for our journeys, enough gifts and were blessed with enough family time. I think we all had the nicest Christmas we have had in the last couple of years. It was as if God was continuing to bless us with His ever present grace as he granted us His presence.

In my meditation tonight it gave the Greek translation for godliness. The translation means, “good worship.” We were blessed to have worshiped on Christmas Eve and then again on Christmas morning. Those times of worship helped make our Christmas complete. We had wonderful food, wonderful journeys, visits with loving family and the warmth of our own home. But the tie that bound all of that goodness together was the worship of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

God promises in this verse from Timothy that good worship will produce contentment. Seeking Jesus throughout Christmas brought about the most wonderful contentment and sense of quiet joy. This Word promises that godliness combined with contentment is gain. God knows that we need homes, food, gas and cars to lead our lives, but God also knows we need a savior to grant us forgiveness and salvation. So God sent to us a Savior which is Christ the Lord. And through the life of this tiny child we find godliness and contentment.

Let us pray…
Lord, remind me today that you are all I need and let me find contentment in you. Amen.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Please let us continue to lift one another up in prayer each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer alert: One of Geni’s closest friends, Erin, lost her grandfather last evening and has two other grandparents who are also not well. Also, my teaching colleague, Ron, received word today that his grandson in Austin was rushed to the hospital with acute appendicitis. Please pray for these our friends, their healing and the healing of their families. Peace, gc

No comments: