Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy Tuesday/Thanksgiving Eve Eve!

I spent much of the day cooking. I will also spend much of tomorrow cooking in preparation for thanksgiving lunch at Ken and Sheena’s house on Thursday. Unless things change it will be a smaller than usual crowd. I think it will be Mom and Dad, Ken’s family and our family; making 13 in all. I am looking very forward to the day!

But I also spent much of the day as I chopped, mixed and stirred praying for my oldest and dearest friend Carme. Following her surgery yesterday she developed blinding, excruciating headaches for which they could not find a cause. Medications were not helping and finally an MRI was taken and IV medications were administered to mask the pain. The MRI showed nothing to cause the vicious headaches. We were grateful that the MRI was negative. As of the latest communication from Dave, Carme was going to stay overnight again and hopefully go home tomorrow. Please pray for her and Dave. My prayer is that Carme will be restored to perfect health and well being and will be pain free.

Colossians 3: 23, 24 “And whatsoever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord you shall receive the reward of the inheritance for you serve the Lord Christ.”

God asks us to go about our daily tasks with our service to Him in our thinking. I know it is hard to think about making a bed, mowing a lawn, cleaning a bathroom or washing dishes as a service to God, but that is what God asks. I think this passage tells us to do this because when we think about God first in ALL we do then the Holy Spirit directs our thoughts and actions. We may not really like to do these daily mundane things but if we talk and listen to God while doing these tasks then we are sharing in the life of God and allowing God to speak to us and us to listen to Him.

Ask God to bless those on your prayer list. Think about each of those people and call them by name. Ask God to reveal a special meaning in His Word to you. Think of ways you serve God by helping someone. Ask God to show you how to help. We may not see the transforming power of the Holy Spirit as a sacrifice but the greater understanding we gain into the heart of God is beyond measure.

So if you are at the grocery store tomorrow for those final few things or waiting in traffic, take the time to seek and speak to God listening and learning more about our Lord and Savior.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say you prayers. Let us continue to lift each other up in prayer each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: