Wednesday, October 27, 2010


Happy Wednesday!

This is the sunrise Bruce saw this morning and got a picture of. God does good work!

Sad day for the Rangers as they lose game 1!! But as Scarlet O’Hara was so fond of saying, “Tomorrow is another day.” We will get ‘em next time.

1 Corinthians 15:57 “But thanks be to God, which gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”

One of the mantras in my classroom: “Some things are hard for others and not so hard for you and there are things that are easy for others and are hard for you.” This statement comes out when one of the children tells a classmate, “That’s easy!”

Each of us fights a different battle each day. I am directionally challenged. I do not read maps well or understand oral directions. I need to have directions written down with the words “right” and “left”, etc. Bruce, however can get anywhere from any point on the planet. He seems to know where he is at all times and can get to where he needs to be just by knowing his surroundings and having a really attuned sense of direction. But I get lost really easily. When I ask my school secretary how to get somewhere I always begin the conversation with, “Betty, talk to me like I am 4…”

And as much as I really dislike this “challenge” I continue to try. Bruce does not speak unkindly or lose patience when, once again, I am lost, in a panic and am calling him for the third time for him to lead me from lost to found. And he never says, “Gaylene, Geni is really great at this and so why aren’t you?” But when I actually get to where I am going in one attempt, Bruce is the first one I contact to tell that I did it! He also rejoices with me in this (for some) seemingly small victory to some, but a great conquest to me.

God loves seeing us strive to attain all kinds of victories. God treasures our battles and then rejoices when there is conquest of whatever battle we are fighting at the time. God does not compare us with others who are in the struggle because none of us are going through the same struggle. Nor does God compare us with the struggles of the saints of old. God, the angels and maybe even the citizens of heaven applaud our victories and we count ourselves as blessed. I think the point is to never fear the struggle, continue to pursue and ask God to continue to help and guide us and finally give thanks, when the victories come, to the One who leads us to victory.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift each other in prayer each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS I have a 12-15 page paper due on the sacraments on November 10. Please pray for me to be able to find the time to do a good job on this paper, the focus to remove distractions as I work on it, and the wisdom to share well what I know. Also, Travis has a power lifting on Saturday. Please pray for him to lift well and remain injury free. Thanks and peace, gc

No comments: