Friday, October 29, 2010

Happy Thursday!

The time of this writing is quite late and so it will be brief. I received word tonight that my Uncle Rodney Smith has taken a turn for the worse. He is in the VA Hospital in Dallas suffering from extreme melanoma. I ask your prayers for him, the doctors and all medical professionals who are tending to him, Aunt Peggy, his wife, and their children and grandchildren. I also ask you to pray for his brother and sisters, which include my Mom, aunts and uncles.

Philippians 2: 14 “Do all things without murmurings and disrupting.”

Well, here is a task yet to be performed by most of us! But tonight I am going to reflect on this scripture to pray peace on the lives and souls of my Uncle Rodney, Aunt Peggy and their children. When Casey was diagnosed with a cancer that was incurable I realized that he might not survive the disease. I realized that whatever the outcome, Casey would be okay for no matter what he was being held in the arms of God on both sides of heaven because of the prayers of others like yourself and his amazing faith.

My uncle Rodney has a strong faith and is a mighty prayer warrior. He has fought this battle for a very long time, yet I have never heard him complain and he always has a smile on his face. He may not get well on this earth, but he will be healed for no matter the outcome he is being held in the arms of God.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Prayers for Geni as she begins her new job at Starbucks in the morning and for Travis as he prepares for competition on Saturday. Peace, gc

No comments: