Sunday, October 24, 2010


Blessed Sunday to each of you!

These are two of my favorite men at the Confirmation lunch for Nathan. Geni got the picture because they filled up the doorway!

What an amazing day! Worship today was a call to discipleship to the four young men who were confirmed in their faith walk and to each of us who pledged to help them to continue to grow in their faith and walk with God through Jesus Christ. We celebrated with one of these families today. It was a wonderful celebration filled with family, great food, warm and loving fellowship and the presence of a loving God in all who honored this young man and shared in this most special day.

Isaiah 27:3 “I, the Lord, will watch over it, watering it carefully. Day and night I will watch so no one can harm it.”

John 10:28 “I give them My eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me.”

I keep a small jar of salt on the top of my stove. I use salt in seasoning as I cook. I keep it close by for convenience because of its frequent use. But if I kept the jar in the back of the cabinet and did not open the box or use it very often it would lose its flavor and with it, it’s capacity to season or work with other ingredients for baking.

The same holds true for each of us in our walk of faith. We keep our walk of faith fresh by staying close to God. We stay close to God by reading His Word, staying in communication through prayer, fellowshipping with other believers and serving those whom God places in our path. When we stay close to God we are kept under his blanket of protection and His keeping power. As we are “kept by God” we are promised the assurance of His love, grace, forgiveness and tender mercies. That keeping power keeps us fresh and at our best and continually makes us fit for God’s use in the Kingdom. What an amazing work God has done in our lives!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift each other up in prayer each daily. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.
PS Prayer alert! Please pray for my Uncle Rodney. He has had a portion of his lung removes as the melanoma invaded his lungs. His

1 comment:

Al Rearick said...

Hey! I recognize that house! :-)

Your readers should also know that is not a regulation-size doorway, but rather more like a double-door entry! Towards the end of the party, Travis bench-pressed the entire house.... while we were still inside it!!! LOL

So grateful y'all could come and share in our special day. Y'all mean the world to us, and I am eternally grateful for the relationship between Bruce and Nathan.

Love,
Al