Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy Wednesday!

Wednesday is such a long day for me. It begins with Prayer and Share at school. It felt so great to get our prayer group back together after the summer. But after teaching a full day, a three and a half hour class at Brite (which is amazing by the way!) and then choir practice I am a bit tired by the time I get home. But it is such a great day the tiredness is worth it!

Isaiah 48:12 “Listen to me, O family of Jacob, Israel my chosen one! I alone am God.” Hebrews 13:5 “I will never leave you, nor forsake you.”

The living God is a God of His Word. God told Israel that if they would be His people, then He would be their God. The nation of Israel was surrounded and infiltrated with all of these other man-made gods and yet the one true and living God, the only one who could not be toppled as a stone idol, told them that He would never leave them or forsake them.

Let’s talk about what happens when God remains with us:

First, His love is always and ever present with us and we can always be sure of that love.

Next, Strength, forever and in every situation, every difficulty and every danger we can be sure of God’s strength.

Next, Patience, God is the one who never tires even when we are exhausted with not only physical exhaustion, but when we are fed up, the patience God has is everlasting.

Next, Understanding, God will always understand even when He does not agree, but He always understands as a wise and loving Father.

Finally, This living God, whom we love, worship and adore is our God and will never leave us or forsake us because He loves us so much. So for today and all the days to come let us not fear for God is with us.

Take joy in this amazing journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: