Saturday, September 4, 2010

Happy Saturday!

Today, Bruce and I had one of those rare days that we spent together. We ran errands and used a gift card and had lunch out. I had a list of things I needed to accomplish and the greatest one was getting my desk cleaned off. Who knew it was brown with a black blotter?

Romans 12:2 “And be not conformed to this world: but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God.”

The longer I am here on the planet the more the world around me seems to progress. And in the same breath, at the age of 54, the world seems to change faster than I am able to keep up. This year at school, as technology is rapidly taking over, we are being asked to submit our attendance each day via the internet and to record and submit grades in the same manner. I have gotten the attendance part down pretty good but I have yet to attempt the new grade posting process. (I finally just got down the old one!) These two new procedures are not optional. I still keep a paper and pencil grade book because if the computers crash or the program becomes corrupted I can still submit grades somehow. My grade book is not going to crash! But none the less I must learn and renew my brain to accept these new processes because it is mandated by the school district.

My job is not the only place I must learn new things and progress into a new world. I must also learn and progress in my spiritual life. Sometimes God lets us learn our lessons on our own time, but there are times when He is preparing us to serve Him and our instruction must be accelerated and the lessons must be learned at a faster pace. We must rise higher and higher to reach the lofty goals of knowledge and power. We become more empowered by the Holy Spirit when we seek God’s perfect will for our lives and then act in faithful obedience to the call of God in our lives. We become more loving when we seek to serve Him through kindness and compassion to others. This “heavenly progress” is what gives our life meaning. We become less conformed to this world and transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit as we renew our hearts through a life in piety; studying the Word, praying, serving and worshiping. When we do these things led by the Holy Spirit, God calls them good.

Take joy in this phenomenal and heaven bound journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to pray for each other. Love you all and see you in worship, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer request: On Thursday of this week I will go to my first big interview in the candidacy process. I will go to the Southwest Ministries and Career Planning Services to be counseled in the results of my testing, autobiography and other requirements. Please pray for the counselor with whom I will be paired and that he/she will find me worthy and recommend me for the candidacy program to the synod candidacy committee. Thank you friends. Peace, Gaylene

No comments: