Saturday, September 4, 2010

Happy Friday!

John 20: 28 “And Thomas answered and said unto Him, My Lord and my God.”

Each year within the first hours of receiving my new students I can usually call them by their first names pretty accurately. It is my job to plan instruction for them, listen to them and teach them to the best of my ability. But it takes time for each of them to remember my name and as late as today I had one of my students address me as “Teacher.”

We have lots of names for God. When we call upon His name we say, Gracious God, Heavenly Father, Lord, Creator and Redeemer and a host of others. But do you know what God calls Himself? He calls Himself “I Am.” God says, “I Am your Lord,” and that is enough. When God claims His lordship over us then He can command our obedience, our service and our loyalty. But God, in all that He demands of us, provides us with protection. He also plans for us, fights for us and His providing for our every need is too much for us to even fathom, and we should never doubt how powerful God is. My meditation on this scripture said, “Such marvels are unfolding; wonders beyond your dreams. They only need the watering of a grateful spirit and a loving heart to yield abundantly.”

One of the exercises in my Christian Worship class was to write a prayer without asking for anything, just addressing God and giving thanks for His abundance, giving praise and glory for He alone is glorious and for His creation. So when you come to your prayer time today give thanks to the great “I Am.” Go humbly before the Father with a bended knee and a yielded heart and just try to imagine His phenomenal power.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to pray for one another. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: