Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Happy Wednesday!

Today’s funny: Travis came to my school to pick me up for my class at TCU. The children in my class had never seen Travis before. I was playing a game with some children in the floor and the other children were working on Math games and finishing some Social Studies. All at once my classroom got very quiet and then Travis walked into my classroom. The next sound I heard was my class collectively as if on cue, “Whooooooooooah.” It was so funny. I doubled over laughing while still in the floor and in walked my principal. She asked Travis if he was causing chaos. All he did was walk in the door. She was really great and Travis quickly became the center of attention. It was a fun end to my school day.

Deuteronomy 5:33 “Stay on the path that the Lord your God has commanded you to follow. Then you will live long and prosperous lives in the land you are about to enter and occupy.”

I promise this was the scripture dated for today. God never fails to get my attention and send assurance in time of need. Tomorrow is my interview with the counseling and career planning service. I have never been through an interview like this and I am just a bit nervous. And then God sends this scripture of assurance and I feel better. Now I will most likely be somewhat anxious tomorrow as the hour of 1:00 approaches, but I know God will be with me and I have prayed the intercessory prayer for the Holy Spirit to go before me and prepare the counselor with whom I am to meet and to prepare me for whatever this interview holds. I have asked the Holy Spirit to remain between us as the afternoon progresses. My goal for this interview is that the counselor will send a positive recommendation to the synod and that the candidacy process for me will continue on to the next step. I pray to be found worthy of recommendation.

The meditation tonight tells me to walk in the love of God, to be conscious of God’s Presence. Walking in God’s Presence will allow me to open myself to the examiner and reveal the nature of God that resides in me.

When we walk in God’s Presence then we walk in peace. Peace brings relief from nervousness and return to joy. (You know joy is one of my most favorite words!) God’s Word speaks of these two words in scripture; “The peace that passes all understanding” and the “Joy that no man can take from you.” When we walk in the love of God and in His presence, we walk with gladness of heart and a spirit of one who has conquered. It is not a walk of boastful pride, but a walk of calm assurance that the One who gave His life for us and was resurrected continues to walk with us today.

Take joy in the journey. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to pray for one another daily and tonight especially for those affected by the flood waters of today. May they sleep warm and dry tonight and begin to recover and be restored by God’s tender mercy and His eternal grace. May God’s people step forward and be Jesus for them as they experience the aftermath of their losses.

Love you all, mighty, faithful and powerful prayer warriors, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: