Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

As I am watching the weather man on TV I am seeing the awesome power of God’s creation. Tonight as the storm goes on around our home we are comfortable, dry and all together safe within our house.

Psalm 71: 7 “I am as a wonder unto many; but You are my strong refuge.”

Deuteronomy 33: 27 “The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.”

I remember when each of my children was born. I also remember my most treasured moments after their births were spent rocking them in my arms. When Geni was born she had some health issues that did not allow her to come home right away and even prohibited me from holding her in the hospital. I could look at her through the glass of the encased isolet, but could not take her out and hold her. So I would sit in the rocker they provided for me and just watch her through the glass and look at her for hours at a time.

When we finally got to bring her home I sat in our rocker and held her for four solid hours. I remember looking at her and trying to memorize her face and tracing her tiny body with my hands as I rocked her hoping to never forget this moment and the joy experienced as I held my tiny, beautiful baby daughter. My arms may have tired in that four hours, but I never gave her up to anyone. Whether Geni knew it or not she was learning to depend on me to hold her and keep her safe no matter what. Holding each of my children are moments I treasure and hope to never forget.

God’s arms are untiring. He is our refuge. We are His creation and He has our face memorized on His heart and mind because of His love for us. Life hands us difficulties and tough roads and God offers Himself to each of us as refuge. While we are in His protective grace we are strengthened. We are strengthened through rest and believing in the truth of His Word that nothing is too difficult with Him on our side. There is no trial too great that we cannot take refuge in His arms. We need to remember these powerful, loving, untiring arms are available to us at all times and repeat this truth until all our fears are gone.

Take joy in the journey. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us remember to pray for each other daily. Love you all mighty prayer warriors, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Please pray for our senior pastor Joel Burkholder as he recovers from surgery today. Thanks, gc

No comments: