Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Monday and Labor Day!

We celebrated Labor Day around here with lots of labor going on! I had a list of things I needed to accomplish before school in the morning and Bruce and Travis spent a good part of the day doing yard work and helping a client out with an emergency. But we did have dinner outside on the deck. It was nice to have weather cool enough to picnic outside.

Acts 16:31 “They replied, Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved.”

For a time after Casey died I used to worry greatly about Geni and Travis not walking back through our door during the day. Every time I heard a siren I would imagine the accident was them and that I would lose them too. I don’t know whether this is a normal reaction for parents who have lost a child, but it was mine. After a while I finally talked to Bruce about my feelings. In his wisdom he said, “God is taking care of Geni and Travis, just as He is taking care of Casey.”

God’s love transcends time and space and takes care of each of us in eternal life. We begin eternal life when we enter into relationship with Jesus. When our loved ones go to live with God for all eternity they are safe in His care. The citizens of heaven love to serve and serve the God of all creation in a state of constant joy.

While we are serving Him on the earth we, too, are safe in his care because He promises through His Word to never leave us or forsake us. We, like the heavenly citizens, spend our earthly life learning to know God through study of the Word and prayer. As we learn of Him we draw near to Him and we are near and dear to Him and safe in His care.

Take joy in this eternal journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to pray for each other daily. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: