Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

2 Corinthians 11:3 “But, I fear, lest by any means, as the servant beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.”

Okay, so this morning I had a melt down. I looked at the paper I am to write and all of the components that must be included. There were too many things I did not understand and words I could not define. I felt very inadequate in my abilities to write this paper and panic was setting in. So Bruce helped me re-center and told me to take a breath.

I am not an academic writer or an intellectual care giver. I have full confidence in my future abilities to be a care giver for those in a hospital after my schooling is complete and I have been taught the skills needed to do work in this ministry. But I tend to write and to listen and try to help with my heart.

Today I was full of fear (not of God) and Satan had a stronghold on my emotions. So, I took a breath and Bruce helped me remember what the paper is about and whether I can write academically or not does not matter. Whether I can express clearly the ways I would help the family through pastoral counseling does matter. I do not have to be perfect in the eyes of academia, but I do need to show my best and represent God in the writing.

In listening to one of our speakers during the semester define our role as a chaplain she plainly stated, “You are God’s representative to those you come into contact.” They will not care about your academic writing. They will simply care that you came by to see how they are doing and to help. Rules the world lays down can lead to disaster. But following the guidance of God means to carry out instructions given will place me under Divine control and strengthened by Divine power.

Even though the paper must be 8—10 pages in length, it is my prayer that it will address all of the requirements of the assignment in language appropriate to the task and to the glory of God and His ministry of hope to which I have been called. My task is to remove myself from the story of the video and focus on the task of how to share the inner meaning of the Gospel to this family at their point of need. Please pray that God will guide my thoughts as I write this paper.

Each of us represents God to someone else. It is our task as His people to be “God with skin on” and help those who do not know Him to learn of Him. It is my belief that when God calls us to share His love and Word with others, He will tell us what to say and how to say it. I am counting on that!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. I am praying for each of you, please continue to pray for our family. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Bruce leaves for the Emmaus weekend on Wednesday. Please pray for God to minister through him and the other members of the team and the have lordship over the weekend.

No comments: