Monday, July 19, 2010

Happy Monday!

We were all pretty tired after our very long day and into the night of yesterday. I spent the day getting caught up on laundry and did not begin my final paper. So far I have two A’s and a B in my class. There is one more paper she has not graded and the final paper due on the 28th. I will keep you posted. I would love to tell you that we got some rest but one of the reasons we went ahead and came home last night is because Travis had to work and Geni had class.

Philippians 2:3 “Let nothing be done through strife or vain-glory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.”

The only B I have in my pastoral care class (currently) is my formation paper. It received an 85. I am not a very good academic writer. This class is so important to me and I really want to earn an A. I guess what concerns me is that this is the class in which I believe to be my calling and I may not get an A. I know I have the heart for this calling. I believe that God has called me to this ministry, but I need those who will recommend me for this ministry to believe that I am academically worthy of this calling. In case any of you do not know, I believe I am being called to hospital chaplaincy.

My meditation tonight told me that I am not to fear what others will say because I need to trust God that He is leading me. It is not for my glory that I write, but for the glory of God. I have learned in this class that there are those who are intellectual care givers and those who are heart care givers. I am pretty sure I am a heart care giver. I have also learned that pastor care is not about me. It is about me being God’s representative. I must get myself out of the way to become the care giver God has called me to be. But to write for the glory of God I still must to my best. My best will never be good enough unless I invite God into the writing and thinking process.

So as I begin this writing tomorrow, I pray,
“Lord, I am writing this paper for your glory. I pray that you will give me knowledge and skills beyond myself to write a paper that would show how I would help the family in the video through your love and grace. I ask that Your Holy Spirit would surround me as I write and when it is finished I pray that same Spirit would travel with it and be present as it is read and assessed. May I be your servant and act as your agent of hope. In Jesus’ name. Amen

Friends, I would ask that you pray for me as I write. Bruce leaves for an Emmaus weekend on Wednesday and will not return until Saturday evening. I ask your prayers for him, the team and the pilgrims who are on this amazing journey to meet Jesus.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Please pray for my family. I am praying for each of you. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: