Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happy Wednesday!

I hope this writing finds you all well and some place cool! Bruce and Travis are painting a house right now and began painting in the morning, came home for several hours and went back after supper. The heat is getting quite unbearable!

Mark 6:31 “And He said to them, Come you apart into a desert place, and rest a while.”

Tomorrow I have my second surgery. This spot is on my nose and is about the size of a pencil eraser. It is a great deal larger than the other spot. I do not know if surgery and repair will be take longer or if there will be more pain. But I know that I trust myself into the hands of the doc and God. My prayer is for perfection. My prayer is for the skilled hands of this surgeon to be joined with the hands of the Master Healer. My prayer is also that the doc will get all of the cancer in one scraping. At the cousins reunion this weekend I will insist on no pictures! I may look as if I have been hit with a bat! But the centipede goes away tomorrow!

I must admit I have been a bit nervous today. I have busied myself around the house, looked at educational supply magazines in planning for the fall, watched TV, cooked dinner and worked crossword puzzles. I am not afraid, but I am somewhat nervous. This passage of scripture tells me once again to rest. I believe the message for me is to rest my nervousness into the calming, healing loving arms of the Savior. I need to rest in His grace until His very life force flows through me and every anxious thought is gone.

When Jesus was stressed (He was in human form after all. He felt pain and the full range of emotions.) He went apart from His disciples and the crowds and spent time with the Father. He spent time healing and becoming recharged. Jesus managed His stress in quiet and prayer as instructed by His Father.

I am not sure what instructions I will be given tomorrow post surgery, but I am sure they will involve rest. This weekend will not be a time of rest, so when I begin to feel tired or pain sets in I think I will follow the way of Jesus and step away from the crowd and find a place to rest, pray and become recharged. Maybe I need to adopt this practice in my daily life all the time. Just a thought…

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Uncle Gene update: As of this afternoon no decisions had been made as yet. He and my Aunt Imogene had not met with the hospital case worker as to a choice of options and a course of action. I just know that he will not be allowed to stay in the hospital for much longer. Please continue to hold these two dear people in your prayers. Thank you, mighty and faithful prayer warriors. gc

No comments: