Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Monday!

It seems like my summer vacation was cut a bit short today. I attended my first training for the new reading program to be implemented in the fall. I will attend the second part of the training tomorrow afternoon. There are some other training sessions throughout the summer. I am trying to get them all out of the way before July when I will begin attending my class at TCU. Whoever says that teachers get the summer off hasn’t talked with a teacher in a while!

A praise! My student teacher from this past spring was hired today by the Norman, Oklahoma ISD. She called during my training this morning. She was floating about three feet off the ground. I am so proud of her and so excited for her. Norman ISD is getting a wonderful young teacher!

Matthew 11: 29-30 “Take my yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and you shall find rest unto your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.”

How interesting that tonight the verse is all about learning. I have been teaching a little more than 30 years and Kellie, my student teacher, is just beginning. Both of us are in a learning curve. She will learn how to shape and teacher her own classroom and I will learn how to manage technology and just try to keep up. It is often said that a good teacher can teach in a cabbage patch. The only problem with that statement is, “Would you want your child taught in a cabbage patch?”

Jesus asks us to learn of Him. He says, “learn of Me”. The only way I know to learn of God is to live daily with Him and share His life. We need to keep God in the forefront of our thoughts daily. The students in my classroom learn of me by showing up to class each day and being active with the teaching I provide. Sometimes I talk and they (hopefully) listen. Sometimes we work in conversation. Then I give assignments so that they may apply their learning.

God does the same for us. It is our job to show up each day and acknowledge Him and spend the day learning about Him in all we do. Sometimes God talks and (hopefully) we listen. Sometimes we are in conversation. When God has prepared us He then sends us out to apply what we have learned to further the kingdom.

So my friends, let us show up each day and greet our Lord and Savior. Let us listen and learn of Him.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: