Friday, June 11, 2010

Happy Friday!

Bruce and Travis got home safely from a wonderful camping trip with my brother Ken. They swam, they fished, they climbed Enchanted Rock and ate at someplace that serves meat right out of the pit, many pits. Travis thought he had fallen off Enchanted Rock and landed in heaven.

John 16:33 “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”

Did you ever think that peace was just something you had heard about? When the children were little the time just before dinner was anything but a time of peace. They were fussy with me, with each other and all wanted my time right then especially when I was just trying to get dinner on the table. Or do you remember when your children were little and the phone rang? Your house was peaceful until that moment and then as soon as you answered the phone everyone has a demand that must be met or the fight was on! I remember one time it was so bad that I left the house and locked myself in the car to finish the conversation. It was anything but a peaceful time.

Peace does not always mean a quiet time. Peace means having a grounded faith that says that no matter what is going on around you, God is there in the midst and is in control because we have asked Him to be there.

The absence of peace happens when we do not recognize or ask for God’s presence and think we can handle the issue ourselves. My devotion tonight says that “Peace is loving faith at rest.” That is a wonderful expression of a heart and soul devoted to God and living in His peace all the time. It does not mean the absence of conflict, noise, disagreement, or a broken heart. Peace, God’s perfect peace, is present in all of these events in our lives. Peace is a gift from God that is given when we recognize and embrace the love He has for us and our faith rests in Him.

Rest means that we are not struggling. Rest is laying all we are and all we have before the Father and not picking it back up. When we leave it all at the feet of the Father, we can peacefully go about our day with a heart and mind free of clutter and filled with the Spirit of peace. God tells us in His Word that the hard times are going to come, but that He has overcome the world and that we as believers are receivers of His peace.

So, friends, give your burdens and cares today over to the One who has already overcome. Put your feet up, close your eyes and give thanks to the Father who loves you and rest peacefully!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: