Thursday, June 10, 2010

Greetings from Austin St.

Happy Thursday! This has been my first day of summer break. I hesitate to call it a vacation due to so many things to do, but it is a break from teaching school for a short time.

Bruce, Travis and my brother Ken have been camping since yesterday. They went to the Hill country and climbed Enchanted Rock, tried to raft but the area was closed, went swimming and got in some fishing. They will return tomorrow. My brother, who is the father of four girls, husband to one wife and about to be a grandfather to a granddaughter, needed some “guy” time. From all indications they have had a completely awesome time!

Hebrews 13:15 “By Him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to His Name.”

Today I went to the bank to make a tiny deposit. It was only $6.00. It was a check for jury services I had laid on my desk and forgotten about. I was afraid that the teller would laugh at such a small amount, but she was just as gracious and the bank honored this small amount as if I had made a deposit for $1000.00.

Remembering to give thanks to God throughout each day for things great and small is sort of like making small deposits in God’s bank account. When we remember to give thanks throughout each day these deposits add up. When we are in need of a withdrawal when it is so hard to give thanks there is a large deposit on the account and God guarantees the deposit and disperses His tender mercies to meet our need and more. The small check I deposited was given in thanks for participating in the jury system. The system knows that this is not very much money, but if you serve long enough those days can really add up.

God is glorified when we give thanks for everything and give Him the glory. When people of faith offer thanks, Jesus takes our thank offerings and lays them before the Father. All of our ‘thankful’ deposits are honored by God and no deposit is too small. In His Word, when we call upon God in the name of Jesus, the storehouse of God’s blessings open wide and His deliverance rains down upon us. I believe we can take that to the bank!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis

PS My editor is not here so if there are errors please forgive me and he will be back tomorrow. gc

No comments: