Friday, April 30, 2010

Happy Friday!

The TAKS Testing is over except for the retakes in a couple of weeks and the veil of tension over our building is gone. Today was a day with lightness in the air and the feel of pressure being lifted and for a few days things will be back to normal. (Whatever that is!)

Luke 11:9 “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.”

Students all over the state of Texas were seeking only one thing this week: answers. All of the classrooms were prepared for the taking of these tests. Helps and aids the students have been used to seeing all year long were either covered up or removed even down to the calendars. The students had to rely on the strategies they had been taught to answer the questions correctly. The tension was high as they worked so very hard to remember all they had been taught in order to do well on these tests.

If we look at this same concept as a spiritual issue we are kind of the same. We are faced with problems all the time. What we rely on when we have a problem is God’s Word and prayer. When we trust ourselves to prayer, study and claim God’s Word, we can count on honesty, order and love in abundance. God’s love empowers us with perfect harmony, perfect supply, and a sense of peace when life hands us difficult situations.

Over the last weekend one of the team members reminded each of us to F.R.O.G. This acronym is simply Fully Rely on God. She even gave one of our younger team members a small plastic frog as a reminder. I am ready to find a small frog and keep it in my purse as a reminder that when I surrender and take it to the Lord in prayer that I can F.R.O.G and in faith count on God for everything.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: