Friday, April 30, 2010

Happy Thursday!

It felt a bit strange not to go to class tonight. I usually look forward to my semester class being finished, but this time it was sort of bittersweet. I really enjoyed the class and all of the knowledge, but mostly I enjoyed the spiritual element it afforded. We started each class with evening prayer and a brief worship through the Book of Common Prayer. I still have my final to complete (I guess I should say start!) I have that slated for Saturday. It should be fairly quiet around the house for a few hours anyway.

Psalm 4:7 “You have put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased.”

Today the weather was really beautiful. I thought today school is never called off due to good weather! Spring has so many analogies to a relationship with Jesus. Have you ever noticed plants growing? They grow and stretch and turn themselves trying to face the sun. If plants are planted away from the sun, before long you can see them having changed their direction to get all of the warmth possible from the sun. The sun is their source of nourishment. Even plants know that without the sun they will die and never reach their full potential which is to grow, blossom and create more plants..

Can we take a lesson from the plants? Plants are creatures of promise. Everything that a plant is to become is created in that seed. When you combine the seed with good soil, water from rain and the warmth of the sun then all of the promise that plant has is revealed as it grows and matures. When God plants the seed of His love in each of us, He gives Jesus to us as the Son on which to depend for light and direction. When we plant ourselves in God’s Word and continuously seek the Son of God for direction then all of the promise of which we were created will blossom and we will grow and bloom into the person God created us to be. We will be ready for service to continue to plant the seeds of love and keep God’s promises ever flourishing. So friends, like the song says, “Bloom where you are planted!”

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: