Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happy Wednesday!

And two days until spring break! Wow! Is this a day we have been waiting for or what?! The weather, except for that brief shower, was so beautiful. Recess was had by all!!

John 15:11 “These things have I spoken to you, that My joy might be remain in you and that your joy might be full.”

While I travel to work in the mornings it is a long enough drive that I can have a nice quiet time with God. As I begin my prayer time I often ask that God would clear my mind of everything except Him. Most of the time this works really well and I am able to have a great prayer time. Sometimes I let my mind drift off onto the tasks of the day and I do not stay focused on the Father.

Our five senses are the connection we have with the material world. But our Spirit communication requires that we sever all ties with our five senses of seeing, hearing, tasting, touching and smelling in the physical sense and commune with God with our hearts. Even though we speak in our prayers our hearts need to be open to receive God’s instructions for the day. Our ears need to be attuned to the voice of God to receive His Word for our lives. This requires us to be physically quiet!! For some of us that is really hard, first because we are so used to talking and not used to listening and second because sometimes we cannot stand silence. But continue to practice and pretty soon you will come to treasure the quiet and God’s voice will come through. If we are constantly talking then we will not be able to hear the things God has to say and we just might miss out on joy. God speaks to us to share His joy with us so that the joy He offers can be made full in us. And which of us does not need just a little more joy! How else would we walk this journey!?

Take joy in the journey. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Forgiveness please: I did not write last evening because I was working on my mid-term for my class. Please pray for Geni, Travis and me as we all have mid-terms this week. Thanks friends, gc

No comments: