Monday, March 8, 2010

Happy Monday!

One of the first statements I heard on the radio this morning was from Hal Jay on WBAP. He said, “We could certainly use about two weeks worth of drought!” After coming home in the pouring rain and hydroplaning a time or two a few days of drought sounded pretty good to me. Also after coming back into Arlington we saw the water had gone over the curbs close by in our neighborhood. So much water and not a lot of joy!

Song of Solomon 2:12 “The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land.”

After arriving at home I noticed the lake forming in our lawn and how even my pansies did not survive the days of snow, cold and now the rain. I am not sure the groundhog’s prediction was right this year. But what I am sure of is that spring is on the way. Not only are we here in Texas tired of the snow, rain and cold, but so is nature. My yard is tired of being cold and saturated with water. It has been a long cold winter. But spring will come. When spring comes the travail of the winter will be over and the joy will return in the sunny days, a time of new growth that has been sleeping these last few months will show its wonderful face and the spirit of the earth will once again show us the joy it has been hiding beneath its snow covered, rain soaked surface.

The weeping may last through the night, but joy in the morning. None of us are hammered forever. When God puts challenges before us He expects us to be faithful to Him and allow Him to show us how to surmount each challenge put before us. We just need to have faith that God will lead us through the difficulties because the Spirit of God is there no matter what we are going through. We can do this because it is not just about believing things about God it is about knowing God because He lives within us through Jesus. We need to sense the presence of God in all we see, do and experience. When we sense God’s presence on the earth then we get to catch a glimpse of heaven.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: