Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Happy Tuesday!

I am trying something new this year with Christmas cards. I sent Christmas cards to all on my list-friends and family…and then I stuffed some extra cards and wrote our return address. We have received cards this year from some friends for the first time. So when I receive one of those cards then I take one of my ready cards, address it and send it out.

Psalm 23:4 “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for Thou are with me, Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me."

“All is calm. All is bright.” The words to that song are so very comforting. In this passage of scripture the psalmist tells us to fear no evil. God has conquered evil. God has placed us under His protection. Mary and Joseph were under the protection of God when they escaped to Egypt. God assured them that they would be safe if they would just walk in obedience to His commands. We have the assurance that whatever it is cannot harm us. God is over all the things in our lives. He is God of the little things and the really big things. We need to remember the words of the song “all is calm, all is bright.” All is calm could translate into all is well. If we practice “all is well” in the little things throughout the day then when the really hard moments come then we will be in the habit to say “All is well. All is calm.” Right now each time Bruce comes in and tells me that he has scheduled another week’s worth of work I say a prayer of thanksgiving.

In my morning devotional this suggestion was made. Make your requests known to God one time. Then immediately give thanks for the answer that will be forthcoming. The devotion said that when we make the same request repeatedly it causes tension and sort of tells God that we don’t think that He really heard our request. So I have been practicing this prayer model. Each time I hear something for which I have been praying I say “thank you Lord.” I am learning to trust that God knows what is best.

Take joy in the journey and wear comfortable shoes. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: