Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy Christmas Eve Eve!

It is so hard to believe that Christmas Eve is just about an hour away. WOW! Remember on yesterday’s entry I told you about “All is calm and all is bright and how it could translate into all is well?” Well today I got a chance to put my faith where my mouth is. One of Bruce’s customers was unable to pay him for making repairs to her home. It was a bit of a blow to our plans, but I prayed for Bruce, his customer and us. I claimed victory over this setback and believe that all would be well. I have tried very hard not to dwell on this while I have gone about the business of the day and asked God to take the situation and lead and guide us. When Bruce phoned and told me what happened, his faithful response was “I will brush off the dust and move on.”

Colossians 3:15 “And let the peace of God rule in your hearts to which you are called…and be thankful.”

I really needed this verse and meditation today. Peace happens when you lift your burdens to God and believe that He receives them then blesses you with His faithfulness. This peace that passes all understanding is what others should see in us. We are not always happy, but we should always be at peace because of God who lives in each of us. This is not peace like a truce drawn us with evil. Rather this is peace in assurance that evil has been conquered. Everything does not live in harmony. Any parent with more than one child knows that harmony seems like something you have only heard about. Peace is the knowledge that, no matter the consequences, God is in charge. Sometimes it is hard to let God handle our problems, but we have to practice letting go. Just like in music, harmony has to be worked out and after practice, harmony is beautiful.

Peace is in the belief that the harmony you seek will work out and God is the author of that peace. God calls for peace to rule our hearts. Even though we had a setback today, we have offered this to God and believe that He will make thinks okay. All is calm…all is well.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and walk with God in the way of Peace. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: