Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Happy Wednesday!

My last paper was returned to me today from my ethics class. I received a B+ for my efforts. All that is left now is one more class time and a Final using different ethical thinkers and case studies. I am going to need serious prayer time for before I work on that one. I also registered for my spring class. I will be taking a Practical Theology class on The Book of Common Prayer. I am really excited about this class. (I really need something practical after this ethics class!)

Isaiah 60: “Arise, shine; for Thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.”

I have been trying to practice daily to step into God’s presence. I don’t mean a time of prayer; just a moment or two while waiting at a red light, in line at Starbucks or upon rising in the morning. This is something that takes practice. I am trying to remember before I throw back the covers and put feet to floor to ask God to be present in and around me. It does not always happen first thing in the morning, but more frequently when I get in the car and head to school. It is not an actual time of prayer where I talk a lot, but it is more of a time where I am quiet and have an awareness of who God is and not just what God has done for me. I rarely speak beyond the request for God to be present and just to let me be in His presence. This practice brings the most wonderful sense of peace, comfort and a momentary repast with the Father. For just those few moments it is only me and the Father.

I have often said in these writings that “the highest place I will ever be is at the feet of the Father.” When I take these moments during the day, the place I step into is before the throne at His feet. It is then I step into His light and picture His glory all around me.

Where do you meet God? When you are in God’s presence, where do you picture yourself and how do you picture God? Where is God in your daily journey? God wants to shine His light on each part of our day and shine His glory on the bright spots and give His light unto the dark moments. Take a moment and step into His presence…and take joy in the journey.

Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: