Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happy Tuesday!

Hebrews 10:22 “Let us come near to God with a sincere heart and a sure faith.”

Did you ever have that conversation with God that began with “God if You can’t make me thin, could you make all of my friends fat?” Or, “God I don’t have to be rich and famous. Rich would be just fine.”Perhaps, “God, couldn’t I just have been made a little taller?” But I wasn’t born to be thin, tall or wealthy by the standards of the world.

When it comes to our lives here on earth, we really don’t have any choices in many things. Our DNA and our heritage will dictate whether we are meant to sing, dance or play basketball. But we do have a choice in our life after we die. We make that choice when we choose to have a relationship with Jesus. The greatest gift we were given by our creator is the gift of choice. Sometimes our choices are good choices and sometimes we make the wrong choices. The thing about those choices is once we are in relationship with Christ, when we chose to follow the path to which we have been called, even if the road is rough and rocky, God blesses us with His approval and we experience joy along the way. Even if we make a zillion bad choices in our lives, the one choice we made to be in relationship with Christ is the one choice that changes us forever and changes where we will spend eternity.

Someday when I stand before God, God will not say “Gaylene, you need to lose a few pounds”, but “Gaylene, you are my child and I love you. I welcome you into the house I have prepared for you. My house is filled with all of the love in my heart given in my blood, shed for you.”

Take joy in the journey and wear comfortable shoes. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: